Order forms for this winter’s Tree Warden tree and hedgerow packs will be available here on the STWN website in the summer (probably in June/July).
Details of other options to receive trees during the coming winter’s planting season, including those produced by our own tree nurseries, will be published here as soon as details are available.
The links below were up to date at the time of writing but may change during the summer.
The Tree Council offers five opportunities to access funds for trees in your community:
- The Branching Out Fund – a grants fund to get communities and young people up to the age of 21 involved in tree and hedge planting and care.
- Orchards for Schools Fund. Please register as applications are now open. Free fruiting tree and hedgerow packs for schools.
- Plant a Tree for the Queens Jubilee The Queen’s Green Canopy is a unique tree planting initiative encouraging people across the UK to ‘Plant a tree for the Jubilee’. In honour of the Queen’s history-making 70 years of service to the nation.
- Community Hedge Fund The Tree Council’s Close the Gap Community Hedge Fund can provide up to 100% grants for volunteer Tree Wardens and community groups in England to plant new hedgerows.
- Close the Gap Hedgerows project is a new programme focused on achieving bigger, healthier, better-connected hedgerows through planting and ‘gapping up’.
This is how we have assisted local communities to plant trees in other years.